Start Date: 2020-09-27
Important: Experience with Robotic System Integration, Ideally Design-led sales, Automation experience
Copello are supporting a growing Automation business who are seeking a Technical Sales / Tenders / Proposals Engineer to join the busy team in Hampshire.
The business are an extremely experienced and bespoke manufacturer of robotic automation systems for different business sectors. The Proposals / Technical Sales Engineer will be working dynamically in co-operation with internal teams and visit customer sites to best ascertain the specific set-up and requirements so that they can better inform the sales process by understanding the best solution to fit each client project.
The position will be a great example of a technical and commercial position combined. Mixing the engineering and technical knowledge with the commercial acumen to deliver successful and attractive proposals that exceed client expectations whist helping the business win orders and meet commercial objectives.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Evaluation of the customer requirements at a commercial and technical level (potentially including site visits)
- Drafting accurate concepts of bespoke automation systems.
- Conducting detailed evaluations of customer process and drawings to construct procedure and cycle time studies for full process optomisation.
- Working with and assisting the Sales Manager in identifying and exploring New Business Opportunities in both the new and existing client base.
Candidate background / Experience.
- You will need to be someone who is technically qualified in an engineering discipline or possess significant on-the-job experience.
- Possess some experience of Automation / robotic environments.
- Ideally be familiar with CAD & Simulation tools
- Good understanding of technical drawings and geometrical tolerances.
- Possess a high level of self-motivation and be results-driven.
- Experience within commercial/sales position.
Knowledge of robotic handling systems or general automation would be a significant advantage.
This position would suit someone who may be an Engineer but has a desire to head down the more customer-centric commercial route or someone in a technical sales or applications engineering position who wants to get more involved with the architechting of bespoke solutions for specific client applications.
This role comes with a competitive base salary, profit-related bonus, life assurance and company pension.
For further information, or to apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org