Senior SEN Officer
Rate: £250 - £300 per Day
Start Date: 2020-11-03
Copello have recently parented with a local authority to recruit for a Senior SEN Officer to fulfill a 3 month contract role in Oxfordshire.
The purpose of the role is to take responsibility for advising parents, colleges and providers in implementing SEND decisions, managing expectations , issues and arising disputes on these decisions as well as supporting other officers with ensuring that strategic aims for young people with special educational needs are met within legislative frameworks.
Successful applicants must have the below skills/experience:
- Knowledge and experience of the SEND codes of practice and relevant legislation
- Experience of working with children & young people with SEND, their families, and professionals
- Ability to lead and manage a team, ensuring that the team priorities are always met
- In-depth knowledge of the SEND tribunal process, including the ability to write case statements and be the lead profession at tribunal hearings
- Knowledge and experience of using the Capita ONE system, including the use of all the Microsoft applications
This is currently a 3 month contract, which may have the potential of being extend. Rates are negotiable between £250 - £300 per day. The role is currently based remotely but will require attendance onsite in Oxford depending on upcoming pandemic announcements.
For more information or to apply please contact Kelly on 07891610160 or email email@example.com