Location: East Sussex
Start Date: 2020-01-26
Important: Degree / HND or Industry experience. Ideally time served in a CNC environment
Copello are working with an international manufacturer providing key products into a variety of sectors including: Defence, Security, Telecoms, Automotive and Consumer products.
They are seeking a Quality Engineer who is articulate in report writing and ideally from a machined components background. It would also be beneficial to have good product flow knowledge and DFMEA / FMEA experience.
Working from their site on the South Coast (SE) and commutable from Bexhill, Brighton, Hastings, Tunbridge Wells, Ashford, Eastbourne The Quality Engineer will work as a key member of the Quality team to assist in ensuring the quality of products manufactured but working to lead quality improvements to manufacturing processes / parts and to systematically eliminate defects and rejected components by the customer. You will also lead the internal investigations into any issues arising as a result of a customer complaint, managing the customer relationship and ensuring high levels of customer service in resolving any issues.
Key tasks / deliverables:
- Manage the Customer relationship by dealing with any quality queries in an efficient and timely manner
- Lead and drive the “right first time” culture within the quality areas and continue to build on best practice.
- Maintain all quality Documentation.
- Create accurate and timely reports on all quality defect investigations, presenting written corrective and preventative recommendations.
- Audit manufacturing and control systems.
- Co-ordinate corrective measure by liaising with other departments ensuring that actions / reports are conducted using PPSR’s & 8D
- Assist with other general departmental activities such as; KPI measures, return notifications for suppliers and internal teams.
- Ideally you will be qualified to at least ONC level or C&G in Mechanical Engineering (or similar)
- Previous experience in a Factory / Warehouse / CNC environment.
- Experience with mechanical Measurement techniques.
- Able to use electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to read BS308 drawings.
- Understanding of control plans
- Good ability to work well between internal and external customers.
For further information, or to apply, contact Alastair@copello.co.uk