Technical Sales Manager
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per Year
Start Date: 2021-03-28
Important: Equipment Sales experience in the Defence Sector, particularly Maritime / Naval.
Copello are working with a manufacturer of Electronic equipment and systems used in a variety of fields who are now opening up new business in the Defence markets.
Focusing particularly on the Naval and Maritime markets, they have a suite of products used in the subsurface communications and hydrographic surveying fields, as well as others.
Focusing on business within the EMEA region, the Technical Sales Manager will work to promote the company as a supplier of key products to the Defence Industry, network within key military institutions and embed themselves in upcoming projects and programs that could be of commercial interest.
The opportunity here is to come into a company with a substantial history, and track record, of successfully supplying into other markets and then build out their defence offering.
This role will largely be working remotely from home, co-ordinating with the rest of the Sales & Marketing team and with the occasional visit to the office on the Hampshire/Surrey border and travel around the EMEA region. In normal times travel would be up to 40%, but this is all dependant on COVID restrictions moving forward.
- Network and Identify key commercial opportunities within the EMEA Defence markets.
- Work with Technical / Engineering staff, Senior management as procurement teams to build your networks.
- Use internal CRM systems to track relationship and commercial progress including the generation of leads, quotes, negotiations and purchase orders.
- Work with the team internally on pulling together the quotations, utilising the Engineering & Technical teams as well as commercial.
- Provide regular reporting and updates on progress as required.
- Collaborate internally on news / information relating to commercial opportunities uncovered.
- Ideally you will have precious experience within Technical Sales / Business Development within the Defence Equipment markets.
- Degree qualified in a relative technical of commercial area.
- Maritime / Naval sales experience.
- Excellent Communication & Networking skills.
- Proactive self-starter with a "hunter" style approach.
- Must be eligible for security clearance to SC level
For further information, or to apply, contact email@example.com