Technical Support Lead
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 per Year
Copello have partnered with a world leading manufacturing company who specialise in the development of monitoring systems based in Hertfordshire to recruit for a Technical Support Lead.
The role is based at their manufacturing facility in Letchworth and offers some flexibility around both early and late shift patterns.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• To supervise and lead the Technical Support Technicians on your shift, ensuring case load is responded to and resolved on a timely basis.
• Technical support delivered by phone, email or remotely from the office.
• Monitoring of Support inboxes, logging and creating cases within ERP system and triaging to support technicians as required.
• To undertake remote installation and configuration projects, working closely with the Global sales representatives and end customer to ensure a “right first time” installation of system software and configuration of hardware.
• To undertake occasional commissioning work on-site possibly an overnight visit, or remotely in the office.
• To ensure any deficiencies in product performance or documentation is brought to the attention of the relevant personnel.
• Product validation testing.
• Assist with product training, both internally and externally, for their Monitoring solutions.
Ideally, candidates will have at least 2 years of technical support experience and exposure to leading, mentoring or supporting others within this environment. Candidates should have a strong IT and networking background but must have experience troubleshooting and/or installing physical electronics hardware.
The company offer, a competitive salary of up to £32,000 per annum, holiday, pension, and a fantastic company benefits package.
For more information or to apply, please contact Kelly O’Neill on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need to have really strong communication skills as well as being technically very strong. They need to be able to lead, don't need actual management experience but must be able to demonstrate leadership. Ideally needs SQL experience
Have not interviewed anyone for this role yet, had nobody even near good enough to interview.
1 week earlies 1 week lates - but will have 2/3 months of training on days first
5 in team + Jim
Telephone screen first
Back in office full time (COVID friendly)