Contract Electrical Design Engineer
Rate: £35.00 - £45.00 per Hour
Start Date: 2021-11-15
Contract Electrical Design Engineer - OUTSIDE IR35
Copello have partnered with an established defence manufacturer based in Dorset, in the recruitment of a contract Electrical Design Engineer with a focus on Naval, Marine Aviation and general Defence applications. The contract will be outside of IR35 for a minimum of 6 months.
You will be responsible for:
- Carrying out bespoke wiring and harness designs for testing of in house manufactured products
- Carrying out electrical design for test equipment to enable load testing of in-house manufactured product
- Ensuring product design and development is met in terms of quality, programme and cost
- Ensuring all designs meet the relevant defence standards and environmental requirements (Shock & Vibration, Temperature & EMC)
- Keeping up to date with relevant technology, including commercial and rugged equipment
- Identifying, justifying and implementing process improvements
- Post-design support and product documentation
Ideal candidates will have:
- Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification
- Understanding and experience within Electronics
- Electrical/Electronic CAD software, MRP systems and MS Office experience
- Engineering experience within the civil or military aviation industry would be desirable
- Understanding of heavily regulated product development
The company is offering £35-£45.00 per hour (DoE) OUTSIDE of IR35, to start ASAP.
The Electrical Design Engineer role is based out of Dorset but offers remote working opportunity. Must be eligible for security clearance.
The site is commutable from Bournemouth, Weymouth, Salisbury, Southampton. and this role would suit an Electrical Design Engineer, Electrical CAD Designer, Electrical Design Technician, Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer, Electrical Designer, Electrical Systems Design Engineer, Senior Electrical Design Engineer.
For more information or to apply, please contact Rebecca on 02392 100430 or firstname.lastname@example.org