Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per Year
Start Date: 2021-12-12
Copello are working with a defence business who are seeking to add several Systems Engineer’s to their team to support projects centred on Security, Surveillance and Secure Communications.
As a Systems Engineer you will work collaboratively with multiple areas of the business as well as external suppliers in order to define systems and their interfaces. You’ll particularly work alongside software teams to define the functionality as well as collaborate with additional project teams to ensure the successful integration of sensor systems into a wider solution.
Ensuring that the final solution is fully compliant with the customers needs, the Systems Engineer will also assist in areas such as technical bids, design, hardware & software changes and overall delivery of equipment to be installed.
The Systems Engineer will be someone who enjoys being involved in complex engineering projects often with critical applications, working to sign off the requirements against the final design of the system.
Other key duties include:
- Create technical design solutions in support of any proposed systems changes and technical bids ensuring compliance with safety protocols and customer needs.
- Actively embed yourself in product design assisting with input from a systems level from early definition right the way through to the release to production.
- Definition and delivery of overall systems solutions.
- Maintain and support any legacy systems to include the occasional visit to customer sites.
- Provide technical support to other teams within the business to include: Sales & Marketing, Bids with respect to technical support.
- Travel with the demands of the role as required. Occasional overseas trips to client sites etc.
- Assist with general continuous improvement initiatives and suggestions to update processes etc.
- Eligible for UK Security Clearance to SC level.
- Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant Engineering / Mathematics / Science-related subject.
- Experience in product development, engineering change management, systems engineering and quality systems.
- Knowledge of multi-sensor system design and performance analysis.
- Use of requirements capturing and project software such as DOORS and Jira.
- Demonstrable experience of technical skills needed in Systems Engineering, practical application of quality assurance and configuration control.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge for Secure Communications, RF devices, Communication Systems, Electro-optical systems would be an advantage.
For further information, or to apply, please contact email@example.com