Principle Systems Engineer
Salary: £60,000 - £65,000 per Year
Start Date: 2021-12-12
Copello are working with a defence business who are seeking to add several Systems Engineer’s to their team to support projects centred on Security, Surveillance and Secure Communications.
As a Principal Systems Engineer you will have responsibilities centred around; designing networked, multi-sensor systems, generation of technical bids, defining hardware and software changes and delivering equipment for installation. You will provide guidance and checks on the system operational parameters and utilise the team of systems engineers in pursuit of these goals.
You will ideally have a strong background and competency level in handling complex engineering projects and running team of systems engineers as well as experience delivering projects on time, to budget and specification.
Other key duties include:
- Create technical design solutions in support of any proposed systems changes and technical bids ensuring compliance with safety protocols and customer needs.
- Actively embed yourself in product design assisting with input from a systems level from early definition right the way through to the release to production.
- Definition and delivery of overall systems solutions.
- Maintain and support any legacy systems to include the occasional visit to customer sites.
- Provide technical support to other teams within the business to include: Sales & Marketing, Bids with respect to technical support.
- Travel with the demands of the role as required. Occasional overseas trips to client sites etc.
- Provide mentorship and support to younger members of the Systems Engineering team and assist in their development.
- Assist with general continuous improvement initiatives and suggestions to update processes etc.
- Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant Engineering / Mathematics / Science-related subject.
- Significant experience in product development, engineering change management, systems engineering and quality systems.
- Knowledge of multi-sensor system design and performance analysis.
- Use of requirements capturing and project software such as DOORS and Jira.
- Demonstrable experience of technical skills needed in Systems Engineering, practical application of quality assurance and configuration control.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge for Secure Communications, RF devices, Communication Systems, Electro-optical systems would be an advantage.
For further information, or to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org