Copello are delighted to have partnered with an established defence manufacturer based in Dorset to recruit for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team. Acting as the Mechanical Design Authority, you’ll be required to produce and maintain full CAD models and detailed design drawings for each product, as well as assisting in the development of hardware, system design, post design support and product/project documentation.
You will be responsible for:
- Mechanical design and development of electronic instrumentation within Naval, Marine, Aviation or general Defence applications.
- Product lifecycle from capture of customer or market requirements, through to final design review and certification
- Undertaking detailed mechanical analysis of designs for feasibility of construction, tolerancing, materials, stress, shock, vibration, ingress protection, thermal dynamics, environmental impact and reliability
- Producing verification, validation and qualification test plans in accordance with relevant standards
- Product safety, compliance, safety and process FMEA, risk mitigation
- Producing detailed BoM’s and assembly and installation drawings to support the lifecycle development
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Design
- Experience using Solidworks or similar CAD and analysis tools
- Solid understanding of MRP systems and BoM management
- Solid understanding of Military, Defence and CE standard qualification test procedures
- Material selection and analysis, and thermal and mechanical analysis experience
- Basic Electrical and wiring layout
The company offers a competitive salary of £40-£45K (DoE) plus fantastic learning and development opportunities. The role is based out of Dorset and is commutable from Bournemouth, Weymouth, Salisbury, Southampton. Candidates will need to be eligible for SC Clearance to be considered for the role.
For more information or to apply, please contact Dan on 02392 100592 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Upload your CV
Send us your CV today and let us find you the perfect job
We want to hear from you…
If you are looking for a preferred recruitment company to work with to find you your next opportunity or to source prime talent in the market, get in touch!