Copello are proudly working with a luxury yacht manufacture based in Southampton who are recruiting for Joinery Manager to join their growing team.
The Joinery Manager will manage the Joinery department incorporates the Varnishing team, CNC and Mill in the production and finishing of furniture and cabinetry on luxury cruising yachts to the Oyster standard.
The department consist of circa 35 employees, this includes, Bench Joiners, CNC Programmers, CNC Operators, Wood Machinists and Painters. The Joinery Manager forms part of the Southampton Production Management Team alongside management from other disciplines Engineering, Electrical and Boatbuilding Internal and External.
Key job responsibilities
- Comprehensive operational management of the Joinery department.
- Planning and coordinating the furniture required for the boats in build and planning in accordance with the build schedules.
- Oversight of furniture build, ensuring it is built to issued drawings and Master Work List.
- Quality reviews and checks on furniture.
- Initiating orders and working with key suppliers and Procurement on the delivery materials required for Joinery department.
- People management and development of direct reports and wider team, covering absence, performance and conduct cases.
- Recruitment and selection of replacements and additions to the Joinery department working with HR/Recruitment Team to hire talent.
- Coaching and mentoring of Trainees and Apprentices.
- Health and Safety for the department ensuring strict compliance by all.
- Practical knowledge of reading and drawings from a Design team and translating.
- Marine industry, boat building preferable.
- Extensive knowledge of carpentry techniques, tools, materials and equipment.
- Microsoft Office, competent using Teams, Word and Excel.
- Previous experience as bench joiner / cabinet maker or internal boat builder.
- Extensive experience of managing a joinery team/department covering day to day management of team members and forward planning.
- Proven background in resource planning and production scheduling to an overall group plan.
- Experience of coaching and developing trainees/apprentices in a Production environment.
- Established background in recruiting new team members from interviewing, induction planning through to probation reviews and regular performance management.
For more information or to apply, please contact Shannon at Copello.
Upload your CV
Send us your CV today and let us find you the perfect job
We want to hear from you…
If you are looking for a preferred recruitment company to work with to find you your next opportunity or to source prime talent in the market, get in touch!