Air Training Systems (ATS) / Lead Engineer
£75,000 - £80,000+ DOE plus 10% bonus, 8% pension, PMI
F/T, permanent (4 day working week as standard)
SC clearance or ability to obtain essential
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Engineer to act as technical lead for a major Electronic Warfare Programme.
Your role will be to deliver this complex and exciting programme with authority to make key design decisions and to direct and lead a multidisciplinary engineering team.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Direct design and development engineering tasks in partnership with the Systems Design Authority and other key stakeholders, including functional leads and the project manager.
- Support engagement with the aircraft authority to ensure that the system is certified for flight.
- Work with the project manager to provide engineering inputs to plans and work packages.
- Lead regular air systems stand-up meetings to manage engineering tasks and review outputs and key challenges.
- Support and/or lead internal design reviews and present the engineering designs and rationale for key decisions to the customer, end user and Engineering VP.
- Working with the Programme Manager to define and manage key risks, including mitigation strategy, to ensure that the budget and schedule are both maintained.
- Direct, motivate and provide technical leadership to the team.
Skills and expertise:
- Strong communication and leadership skills, and experience of technically coordinating a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Ability to interface and effectively influence and negotiate with internal and external customers/stakeholders at all levels.
- Familiarity with the formal product development lifecycle (through requirements capture, to design, to verification and production) including leading design reviews.
- Understanding of the design and integration of complex electronic and RF systems up to 40GHz (including receive and high power transmit chains) would be an advantage, as would experience of radar and communications systems.
- Experience working in the Aerospace Industry, and familiarity with safety analysis and airworthiness certification.
Hybrid working and 4 day working week options are available. The post holder will be required onsite 1-2 days per week.
Salary dependant on experience. In addition, this role offers 10% bonus, 8% matched pension scheme, Private Medical Insurance, 25 days holiday plus other flexible benefits.
EW knowledge is crucial for this role.
For more information or to apply please contact Rachel Barron on 07834174468 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Upload your CV
Send us your CV today and let us find you the perfect job
We want to hear from you…
If you are looking for a preferred recruitment company to work with to find you your next opportunity or to source prime talent in the market, get in touch!