Copello Global are working with a Naval Defence business who are seeking a Commercial Officer to bolster their contracts and commercial team in Portsmouth.
The business hold contracts with the MOD, Royal Navy and other Defence Primes and need someone who is keen to get stuck into the negotiation and re-negotiation period of both existing and new contracts.
Supporting the Commercial Manager, you will work on all aspects of commercial risk and contracts for a successful defence business.
The daily deliverables are largely centred around operational contracts management, ensuring robust process and procedures are followed to drive the business functions to deliver to specific contract performance criteria, highlighting and minimizing risks in the business performance throughout the term.
Responsibilities will include:
- As part of the commercial team support the Commercial Manager in the performance of the duties of the commercial team
- Act as Commercial lead for assigned frameworks, contracts, tasks and stages of the contracting process
- Undertake end to end review of all aspects of proposals to advise on risks and cost drivers and to propose acceptable commercial positions. Ensuring all bids comply with company approval process.
- Responsibility for drafting and negotiation of contractual agreements in accordance with company processes and guidelines. Review of legal terms and conditions including redrafting as required in accordance with processes
- Supporting contract hand-over from the sales team and ongoing support to the delivery teams to ensure full awareness of all obligations. This will include producing contract summary documentation and obligation tracking tools.
- Support the project management, purchasing and engineering teams in identifying and effectively managing commercial risks to contract performance
Ideally you will have a background of working in a similar role, ideally in a defense environment but not essential.
- Excellent standard of accuracy in drafting and reviewing legal documentation - close attention to detail
- Clear understanding of key legal concepts ‘
- Proven experience of risk management and dispute resolution
- Strong influencing skills
- Excellent proven negotiation skills
In return, you will be joining a company who are growing and looking to provide you with the opportunity to develop your career. We will support you in expanding your skills and capabilities and the team around you. In addition, we will offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Upload your CV
Send us your CV today and let us find you the perfect job
We want to hear from you…
If you are looking for a preferred recruitment company to work with to find you your next opportunity or to source prime talent in the market, get in touch!