Copello Global are working with an exciting Internet and cyber security company in Liverpool who are growing their team and looking to recruit a Lead Applications Engineer to help with the continued development of their own in-house offering.
The role of Lead Application Engineer is designed to be a hands-on technical role but encompassing aspects of service management and delivery.
The role will lead with the management, maintenance and constant development of the company’s core application delivery, and supported products worldwide.
Key deliverables of the role:
- Provide technical assistance to project delivery.
- Implement automated and proactive maintenance measures.
- Monitor Windows, Linux servers and applications as well as apply patching to all.
- Maintain and utilise IT audit tooling and logs, to maintain a proactive oversight of efficiency and problem management.
- Ensure that incidents, problems, service and change requests are completed within business agreed Service Level Management Frameworks
- Manage and maintain platforms required for application delivery, such as Storage Arrays, Hypervisors and Load Balancers.
- Undertake project work on the IIS infrastructure. IE. Platform upgrades, new application deployment or integration with API’s and Microservicing.
- Attend the datacentre for datacentre tasks such as server implementations, network outages, project work.
- Supporting and guiding team members on best practice.
- Proactive monitoring, maintenance and administration of systems including Workstations, Group Policy, Servers, Virtual Desktop Environment, Microsoft Active Directory, Backup Systems, Disaster Recovery, Enterprise Storage and Databases.
Candidate Background / Requirements
- Experience working in an infrastructure environment in a senior role.
- Familiar with scripting languages such as Powershell and Python.
- Experience of being the technical lead in projects.
- Be a point of contact for Infrastructure.
- Excellent knowledge of risk management and how it impacts the organisation.
- Strong knowledge of IT Infrastructure standards, in particular Storage technologies, Load Balancing mechanisms and Web Proxies
- Good communicator.
- 3rd line support experience.
- Strong Windows Server Skills.
This is a business that are really going somewhere. Their growth over the last 12 months has been significant and shows no sign of stopping. This is a great time to be getting on board.
For further information, or to apply, contact us now to discuss in more detail
Upload your CV
Send us your CV today and let us find you the perfect job
We want to hear from you…
If you are looking for a preferred recruitment company to work with to find you your next opportunity or to source prime talent in the market, get in touch!