Health & Safety Manager
£50,000pa plus benefits including; pension, PMI, income protection, life assurance
Candidates must have or be able to obtain security clearance (SC)
We are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager with experience of working in an aviation, aerospace or safety critical/highly regulated industry to join a growing organization based just outside Salisbury.
The business is centered around providing specialist innovative technology solutions and complementary technical consultancy across all aspects of manned and unmanned aviation development.
This role is required due to the recent and rapid expansion of the business and would suit a proactive Health and Safety Manager looking for their next career progression.
Reporting into the board member responsible for health & safety, this role will be based at the office just outside Salisbury, the post-holder will have responsibility for implementing the health and safety policy and the continuing transformation of how we approach and manage health, safety and environmental risk within the business.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Support the development of risk assessments and safe systems of work, monitor implementation and identify areas for improvement.
- Participate in and organise both internal and external reviews and audits.
- Record and report on accidents, incidents and near misses and develop and implement improvement strategies.
- Support with accident and incident investigations.
- Provide training, coaching and support to Line Managers and Staff to encourage ownership of H&S activity and resolve any health and safety issues.
- To achieve a safe working environment by embedding a positive health and safety culture and effecting positive behavioural change across the business.
- Organise, chair and record Health and Safety committee meetings.
- Support the Director responsible for H&S in providing reports to monthly Board Meetings.
- Support the Company application for ISO14001 Environmental Management accreditation.
- Maintain PPE register/ face-fit testing including PPE selection/validation.
- Produce relevant H&S policies to ensure legal compliance across the business and support the development of strategies, procedures and plans relating to H&S.
Candidates should have demonstrable success in the following areas:
- Influencing the health and safety agenda and making a positive difference in safety performance.
- Developing and implementing a health and safety management system, risk register, strategy and 5-year plan.
- Ability to influence and persuade colleagues and senior leaders.
- Good working knowledge & practical application of health and safety legislation and regulation.
- Ability to embrace an increasingly wide knowledge base such as new technology, identifying hazards and determining the impact on the workforce.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain accurate records to provide accountability and deliverability.
- Ability to plan programmes of work in advance and prioritise according to risk.
- Ability to elicit information in a variety of formats to allow a robust assessment of risk.
- Ability to identify service improvements and influence effective and sustainable change within a large organisation.
- Highly developed risk assessment, auditing, inspection and investigation skills.
For more information or to apply please contact Rachel Barron on 07392 597 223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Upload your CV
Send us your CV today and let us find you the perfect job
We want to hear from you…
If you are looking for a preferred recruitment company to work with to find you your next opportunity or to source prime talent in the market, get in touch!