Copello are delighted to have partnered with a well known Motorsport manufacturer to recruit for an experienced Senior Design Engineer based in Oxfordshire.
Collaborating with the Lead Engineers, you will be responsible for undertaking and guiding a range of designs from initial concepts through to production for both composite and mechanical parts, working in collaboration with other areas of the team. The ideal candidate will have an in depth understanding of composites and mechanical engineering together with detailed knowledge of relevant composite and mechanical manufacturing technologies.
It is essential that candidates have worked in a Motorsport setting (or similar such as aerospace).
The ideal candidate will have an in depth understanding of composites and mechanical engineering together with detailed knowledge of relevant composite and mechanical manufacturing technologies, and an understanding of basic stress calculations is required. The ability to interpret stress analysis results would be advantageous.
- CAD skills are required, previous experience with NX would be advantageous.
- Candidates should be self-motivated, be able to complete tasks with minimal guidance, and to work under pressure to meet critical deadlines.
- Bring a creative, proactive approach to problem-solving, along with good attention to detail.
- A friendly, collaborative outlook, with good communication and organisation skills is essential.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Creating design schemes which respect structural requirements, packaging, regulations and manufacturing techniques.
- Calculation work and production of system documentation.
- Conduct design reviews independently or with the Lead Engineers
- End-to-end ownership for projects incorporating manufacture, build, testing and racing, including fault analysis and resolution.
- Driving continuous improvement and promote autonomous creativity.
- Occasional travel to events or external companies will be required.
- Support checking responsibility for detailed drawings, including design review against specification and previous designs.
- Demonstrate significant experience to be drawn on by others, be a point of contact for support and mentorship.
This role is site based just north of Oxford, flexibility is offered with a give/take approach. The organisation offer a friendly, relaxed setting with a great team!
Salary circa £75,000pa plus benefits that include generous holiday, free gym membership, car scheme, bonus scheme, private medical insurance, 8% - 10% pension.
For more information or to apply please contact Daniel Vaughan on 07741 737 226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upload your CV
Send us your CV today and let us find you the perfect job
We want to hear from you…
If you are looking for a preferred recruitment company to work with to find you your next opportunity or to source prime talent in the market, get in touch!