Undertake material development engineering project/support tasks as defined by the Development Manager in line with the Company technology development roadmap. Achieve planned tasks and actively help define the programme of testing and evaluation. Optimise material performance through chemical development for a wide range of composite and polymer products and processes (new and existing). Employ techniques through technical project planning, test sample definition and manufacture, testing, results analysis and reporting, customer/vendor technical communications, and coordination with cross-functional teams.
- Undertake development planning and undertake/support material testing in accordance with company standards.
- Develop the most cost effective and efficient material solutions that satisfy design to cost and also design for manufacture best practice.
- Specify material requirements, define suitable methods of manufacture and identify and implement tooling and equipment required to fulfil development and production tasks.
- Creation of test specifications and manufacture of composite and polymer test samples.
- Support design and customer reviews and other meetings as required.
- Support Production and Quality Assurance in resolving production challenges and provide solution to ensure conformance.
- Utilise Lean Principles to improve the product, process flow, build cycle and waste reduction.
- Train employees on process, applications, and manufacturing specification data where required.
- Relevant chemistry qualification and/or equivalent engineering/manufacturing/chemical analysis experience
- Specific chemistry experience of composite & polymer materials and materials/component processing.
- Computer literate, windows based and 3D model-based definition (CATIA v5 preferred)
- Ability to develop successful working relationships, work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong problem-solving ability applied through a practical approach
- Continuous Improvement, zero defect and customer focused mind-set
- A good team player with a flexible attitude to workload
Upload your CV
Send us your CV today and let us find you the perfect job
We want to hear from you…
If you are looking for a preferred recruitment company to work with to find you your next opportunity or to source prime talent in the market, get in touch!