Copello are recruiting for a Network Engineer with extensive IP / ethernet experience to join the London office of a global network & telecoms provider. This is a great opportunity to get involved with a company whose communications infrastructure solutions include dark fibre, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access serving wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
You will be working as an Operation Subject Matter Expert for the IP/Ethernet Network including:
- Work closely with Design and equipment vendors to implement changes, additions and upgrades to IP/Ethernet infrastructure.
- Implementation and activation of new IP/Ethernet services.
- Work closely with the wider Operations team to ensure efficient delivery of customer services, and to achieve company quarterly Gross Churn, and Net service activation targets.
- Analyse internal service orders to determine appropriate actions, and collaborate with other departments to execute installation tasks.
- Providing regular updates to internal stakeholders and external customers, on the progress of faults.
- Providing support to members of the wider Operations team as required.
- Support & maintain the company objectives of ISO 9001/18001/27001 accreditation
The successful candidate will have extensive experience on a service provider network in Operations, Engineering, Architecture or Design roles. Specifically, this will include:
- Deep and substantial operational experience with carrier-class routers and switches, (experience with Juniper, Nokia and Cisco required).
- Excellent knowledge of Layer-2 and Layer-3 protocols, (IPv4+v6/BGP/ISIS/VPLS/IP VPN/MPLS/QinQ/ELINE etc.).
- Good understanding of DWDM networks and Optical standards.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively, while maintaining precise attention to detail in an interrupted work environment.
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Confident and able to challenge staff, suppliers, and processes, to deliver a favourable Customer outcome.
- Ability to diversify and adapt to business needs.
- Pragmatic and analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Accountability orientated.
- Proactive mindset and attitude, to ensure customer satisfaction is in everything we do.
- Ability to manage in and out-sourced suppliers or partners.
- Excellent communication; written and verbal.
- Outstanding confidence, initiative, and organisational skills.
- Remain flexible and adaptable to any change in business needs or requirements.
- Salary up to £63,500 + 10% bonus
- Excellent benefits including health and life insurance.
- Fitness membership discounts.
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave.
To apply, please forward your CV directly to Sam@copello.co.uk or call 07771 487618 to discuss further.
Upload your CV
Send us your CV today and let us find you the perfect job
We want to hear from you…
If you are looking for a preferred recruitment company to work with to find you your next opportunity or to source prime talent in the market, get in touch!