To provide a skilled material resource to support the Supply Chain Manager / Team in ensuring that all material demands provided by our Database system are investigated, compared against current stock levels and the correct amounts of materials are procured. This role will require the ability to work with minimal supervision and be used to working in a busy Supply Chain Department, interpreting demands, and ensuring that we can achieve defined company and project material requirements.
- The ability to interpret project-based material requirements, check and confirm existing stock levels and ensure that the correct levels of stock are maintained at all times.
- Use of the stock control database to ensure that supply chain / production are not compromised by a lack of required materials.
- The Materials used within the company may incur different shelf lives or require special handling with either hot or cold processes, conversancy with these types of processes would be beneficial.
- The products purchased include Composite Materials, Chemicals, Paints, Build to Print and Sub-Contract manufactured components.
- Used to working with Buyers, Engineers & Suppliers to quantify material requirements.
- Ability to read and interpret process sheets with a thorough understanding of materials.
- Ability to investigate supply chain activities using our Database procurement system, including understanding Purchase Orders & Quotation Requests.
- Provide a clear overview of materials issues and provide regular progress reporting.
- Responsibility to achieve budgetary stock targets and challenge any discrepancies.
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure that all paperwork, goods, and certification is received to allow the booking in of goods against relevant purchase orders, in accordance with Company Goods Inwards and Quality procedures.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office Programs including Outlook, Word, Excel & Power-point.
- Possess knowledge of Materials demand processes and understand manufacturing processes preferably within a Defence or Aerospace environment.
- Manage workload to ensure achievement of project objectives and ensure compliance with the Company BMS policies and procedures.
- Maintain a tidy and organised work environment in line with Health and Safety requirements
- Awareness of materials and requirements for SDS and COSHH documentation.
- Awareness of Sub-Contractor controls in a Secure Projects environment.
- Have the ability to obtain UK Defence industry Baseline & Full Security Clearance
- Possess a range of practical materials and stock control skills.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office components & Database experience will be required.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, concentration, and attention to detail skills.
- The ability to follow written and verbal instructions and accurately keep records
- A safety-conscious approach to work and activities
- Must be reliable, have the ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- AS9100 / ISO9001 / ISO14001 / ITAR - EAR Awareness
- A good team player with a flexible attitude to workload
Upload your CV
Send us your CV today and let us find you the perfect job
We want to hear from you…
If you are looking for a preferred recruitment company to work with to find you your next opportunity or to source prime talent in the market, get in touch!