Copello are partnered with a technology and engineering services business that are looking for an experienced Battery Performance Engineer to join their experienced team in Oxfordshire. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a company that provides world-class technical innovation, engineering, testing and manufacturing services to customers across sectors from automotive and motorsport to aerospace and defence.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Advancing cell-driven battery system performance and safety.
- Generating data, design input and validation for battery systems through battery testing, data analysis, modelling and simulations.
- Conceptualisation of battery packs from system level requirements by cell selection and pack sizing activities.
- Determining battery performance capabilities, limitations and improvement opportunities.
- Tracking state-of-the-art cell technology and supporting cell supplier relationships
- Representing the business externally as a technical expert for ongoing project delivery as well as business development purposes.
- Engaging with stakeholders at all levels of the business, as well as external partnering academic and external organisations
- An engineering qualification (Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a STEM subject) or equivalent industry/academic experience.
- Proficiency in data analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work inter and intra-departmentally, building working relationships across the business.
In addition to the above, you will ideally have knowledge/experience in one or more of:
- Using MATLAB, and modelling physical systems in Simulink
- Battery cell technology or HV Battery Systems
- Battery testing, battery test methods, battery data analysis and cell test data analysis
- Writing battery test procedures.
- Managing large datasets.
- Battery Cell / System equivalent circuit models
- Degradation mechanisms associated with Li-ion batteries
- Battery safety, abuse testing, thermal runaway and propagation-resistant design
- Model-based BMS state-estimation algorithms
- State-of-the-art lithium-ion cells on the current market
- Working with lithium-metal solid-state cell technology and other advanced chemistries.
- Understanding of Systems Engineering principles (V-cycle)
- Salary up to £65,000 depending on experience
- 26 Days Holiday + bank holidays, increasing with Service and options to Buy/Sell up to 1 Week extra.
- Car Schemes
- Performance based Bonus Scheme
- Childcare Benefits such as Childcare Vouchers or TEDS Nursery Vouchers
- Free Onsite Gym with Classes
- National Gym Membership Discounts Available
- Private Medical Insurance
- 8% Employer Contributions Pension Rising To 10% After 3 Years
- Cycle To Work Scheme
To apply please send your CV directly to Sam@copello.co.uk or call me on 07771487618.
Upload your CV
Send us your CV today and let us find you the perfect job
We want to hear from you…
If you are looking for a preferred recruitment company to work with to find you your next opportunity or to source prime talent in the market, get in touch!