Copello Global are working with a Global Manufacturing business with significant operations across Automotive, Aerospace and Defence industries.
We are seeking a hands-on Advanced Manufacturing Engineer, who ideally has a background in engineering or manufacturing and a good knowledge of assembly, process design and/or process development.
The Advanced Manufacturing Engineer will be involved with assessing and resolving complex manufacturing and processing problems and will also provide knowledge and leadership to plant engineering on problem solving techniques.
When not working on the above key objectives, this position will support identifying and implementing Cost Savings Projects, Manufacturing Best Practices and Next Generation Technologies. The Manufacturing Problems mentioned will primarily be in the areas of Assembly, Molding, Machining or Plating but may also extend beyond these areas.
By using Advanced Engineering techniques, you will assess data in conjunction with Plant Engineering resources to determine the root cause of problems and then design and implement corrective and preventative actions.
Ideally you will already possess Lean / Six Sigma skills with some demonstrated record of using these skills to solve manufacturing problems in previous positions.
Primary deliverables include:
- Use data driven analytical techniques such as Lean / Six Sigma/ DOE to determine root causes of Manufacturing problems.
- Provide leadership in problem analysis and development of engineering solutions.
- Use Engineering knowledge and experience to design, develop or revise manufacturing processes to eliminate defects or improve cost.
- Work with Process Leaders and Centres of Excellence to implement the best and most effective manufacturing processes.
- Use statistical methods to assure process capability.
- Develop, document and train plant personnel on revised manufacturing procedures.
- Suggest design changes to reduce costs, improve manufacturing efficiency, and resolve manufacturing problems.
- Support implementing cost savings projects , best practices and next generation technologies.
Candidate Skills / Background:
- Ideally you should have a qualification in Mechanical or Manufacturing disciplines such as a degree or HNC / HND with good industry exposure.
- Any knowledge of component assembly / manufacturing would be beneficial.
- Understanding of how to set up and execute design of experiments.
- Good knowledge of PFMEA processes.
- Six Sigma / Lean
- Ideally an understanding of CAD.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Able to perform capability studies on manufacturing processes and equipment.
For further information, or to apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Upload your CV
Send us your CV today and let us find you the perfect job
We want to hear from you…
If you are looking for a preferred recruitment company to work with to find you your next opportunity or to source prime talent in the market, get in touch!