Copello have partnered with a Defence Engineering business in Havant, in the recruitment of a Junior SolidEDGE Design Engineer to join there enthusiastic and resourceful engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity to work within the Naval market on military products. This would suit someone early in their career post graduation.
The role will include:
Communicate and provide effective solutions for the quotation, supply and operation of WDSL products within selected markets.
- Produce manufacturing and purchasing technical specifications, such as detailed drawings and itemised component lists. Internally we use SolidEdge as our main design package and are transferring currently to SmartTEAM
- Create and control technical support information to support the WDSL product portfolio.
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure the project tasks are appropriately allocated and supported in line with the WDSL local process and procedures.
- Support in effective analysis of operational processes and procedure to ensure effective delivery in line with project timescales whilst also delivering high quality designs.
- Provide key support to intercompany account and end users as required on a national and international basis in order to fulfil support requirements.
- Support in the reduction of operating costs by effective combination of quality designs and specifications.
- Ensure compliance is maintained in line with ISO standards and correct health and safety practise and obligations are adhered to.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
A degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- A technical background within Mechanical Engineering
- Looking to progress to CEng status
- Effective communicator with both internal and external customers
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail with a structural and methodical approach to work tasks
- Fluency in the English language, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of the Marine industry is desired and experience with Seal and Bearings is extremely advantageous.
This is a permanent, full-time role with flexible working opportunity based in Havant. Please be advised, the successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance (SC) level for this role.
To find out more, please call Jasmine on 07551358929 or email your CV to Jasmine@copello.co.uk
Upload your CV
Send us your CV today and let us find you the perfect job
We want to hear from you…
If you are looking for a preferred recruitment company to work with to find you your next opportunity or to source prime talent in the market, get in touch!