Technical Support Engineer
Our client is a global leader in designing and supplying innovative wet and dry waste equipment and freshwater generation solutions for passenger vessels & conventional waste management and ballast water treatment equipment for all marine segments. They have the industry’s broadest product offering to secure beyond compliant operations for their marine customers.
The opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support Engineer to join their busy Service Team based in Dorset.
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be an integral part of the Service team in developing and delivering a world class technical support function within a close and dynamic team environment
This is a permanent opportunity, and the successful candidate would ideally be based in Dorset.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
Respond to incoming technical and operational queries and problems. Take action to resolve the questions and problems raised by means of:
- Providing verbal or written explanation of solutions
- Obtaining further information as necessary to diagnose problems and provide solutions
- Where appropriate, discuss with and / or refer issues to the design department
- Arrange supply of replacement equipment or parts if required
- Arrange for service engineers to travel to vessels and installations to perform rectification work if necessary (both Poole based and overseas office-based engineers)
- Where appropriate, promote sales of additional service work, parts, upgrades etc.
- Compile quotations for services including work specifications, pricing, and commercial conditions
- Ensure that customers confirm that actions are complete
Manage the administration of service calls / orders and ensure that:
- All jobs are appropriately recorded in SAP
- Action is delegated to appropriate engineer or department.
- Spare part requirements are assessed and procured.
- Engineers travel requirements (accommodation) are organised with the Field Service Resource Team Leader
- All costs associated with service actions are compiled and invoices raised as appropriate.
Appraise service engineers reports and:
- Submit summary report of engineers' findings to customer.
- Arrange for any follow-up actions to be implemented.
- Identify any quality issues that may arise and report in SAP.
- Identify any further business opportunities and action appropriately.
- From time to time, compile summary reports detailing/analysing service department activities and field problems.
- Support, assist, cover for and occasionally train other members of the Aftersales Dept.
- Provide training for customers and personnel from overseas offices if requested.
- Visit sites/vessels to undertake hands-on service work, training, and various service activities.
- Provide emergency "out of hours" cover as required.
- Undertake actions and responses in a timely manner. Act professionally and constructively to deliver a first-class service.
What do we expect from you?
- An excellent general mechanical and electrical Marine engineering background with excellent trouble shooting analysis and problems solving skills.
- Excellent understanding P&ID and mechanical and electrical drawings
- Qualifications as a time served Apprenticeship and an HND / HNC with a Marine Engineering background.
- Previous experience and product knowledge is required
- Excellent communications skills verbal and written, self-motivation and demonstrable high customer care standards.
- Ability to work alone under own incentive under difficult conditions but to also be a good team player
- A willingness to undertake occasional field service work both UK and overseas
Upload your CV
Send us your CV today and let us find you the perfect job
We want to hear from you…
If you are looking for a preferred recruitment company to work with to find you your next opportunity or to source prime talent in the market, get in touch!