Bids & Proposals Writer
Home based (monthly travel to base in Bristol/South Wales)
£55,000 - £65,000pa
We are currently recruiting for a Bid Writer who has worked in high value and/or high risk defence or aerospace settings to join an established small but multi-national organsiation. Reporting to the Future Capability Lead (BD Director) and based home, Bristol or South Wales, the post holder will be responsible for assembling and managing a successful bid team and take ownership of the end to end process.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Managing an opportunity from initial identification of a customer requirement through to contract renewal strategy.
- Be significantly involved pre-RFP, driving the Capture Phase and ensuring all resources are aligned to the client’s requirements long before the Bid and Pursuit Phase gets underway.
- Remaining involved through the presentation and negotiation stages, ensuring all lessons learned are fed back and implemented.
- Coordinate the implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and processes.
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from key stakeholders, typically engaging with BD, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and project management / delivery.
- Work with the Capture leads across Engineering/Project Management functions to develop a clear win strategy for each bid and ensure win themes are clear and compelling.
- Contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as providing guidance around the executive summary).
Qualifications & Experience:
- This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
- It requires strong people management and commercial skills.
- The post-holder will be fully conversant with the UK Defence competitive marketplace and will have practical experience winning work through competitive bidding into UK Government departments.
- Practical experience applying the Shipley Proposal Process to winning work
- Comfortable working within an agile and fast paced team
- It is desirable but not essential that the postholder has APMP Foundation or Practitioner and/or Prince2 Foundation of Practitioner level project management certification, or similar.
This is a superb opportunity for an experience individual looking for a role based from home or to work on a hybrid basis for a growing defence organisation specialising in providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance services.
For more information or to apply please contact Rachel Barron on 07392 597 223 or email email@example.com
Upload your CV
Send us your CV today and let us find you the perfect job
We want to hear from you…
If you are looking for a preferred recruitment company to work with to find you your next opportunity or to source prime talent in the market, get in touch!