Copello have partnered with an Defence Engineering business in Poole, in the recruitment of a Electronics Engineer to join there enthusiastic and resourceful engineering team. This is an exciting opportunity to work within military products.
The role will include:
- Responsible for taking functional requirements for hardware, studying potential solutions and producing the most efficient design to reliably meet the needs of the project
- Understand the full system architecture to ensure all interactions with other hardware and software are fully considered
- Conduct necessary calculations and/or simulations to prove design functionality prior to prototype build.
- Use appropriate CAD software to produce schematics and PCB layouts
- Work closely with the Software Engineers throughout the project where firmware or software integration is required
- Write hardware specifications detailing functionality and interfaces
- Produce appropriate manufacturing data to enable efficient production of the design
- Prepare test documentation for both validation and functional testing
- Stay informed on latest technologies relevant to the company’s products
- Provide support to legacy Electronic/Electrical products and establish solutions for obsolescence
- Ensure the company's Quality Management System is followed in all matters relating to Electronics and Electrical Engineering
- Ensure the programme of work is aligned with the project plan and to monitor and track progress
- Working on customer premises (UK and overseas) from time to time
Ideal candidates will have:
- HND or higher qualification in relevant Electronics subject
- Experience in Engineering design, preferably gained in a similar demanding industry
- Valid UK Passport
- Security Clearance
- Ability to combine existing knowledge with new impacts for positive changes combined with good communication skills
- Maintaining a flexible and team focused approach.
This is a permanent, full-time role with flexible working opportunity based in Poole. Please be advised, the successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance (SC) level for this role.
To find out more, please call Jasmine on 07551358929 or email your CV to Jasmine@copello.co.uk
Upload your CV
Send us your CV today and let us find you the perfect job
We want to hear from you…
If you are looking for a preferred recruitment company to work with to find you your next opportunity or to source prime talent in the market, get in touch!