Lead Network Architect
Copello are delighted to be once again be working with our market-leading transportation networking client to recruit on an exciting opportunity for a Lead Network Architect to join their Rail Infrastructure CIS business.
This will require an element of office working in one of their regional offices which include Ashby de-la Zouch, York, Manchester, Glasgow. Chippenham and Croydon.
The team and what they do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, our client are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently.
Rail Infrastructure offers a wide range of systems for signalling, control, communications and electrification for main line, regional, metro, and light rail infrastructure applications. By bringing together the combined expertise of UK and International, we offer complete infrastructure solutions tailored for our market. Their dedicated rail infrastructure team is fully committed to delivering an efficient, reliable, safe, and green railway.
In CIS, they deliver network and security solution to support the digital railway. Their portfolio includes the provision of telecommunication systems and cyber security solutions including data network, voice solution and security solution. They undertake a full project life cycle delivery from concept development and detailed design to implementation, test, installation, and commissioning.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
This role is for a Lead Network Design Engineer, capable of technically leading and defining operational telecommunication designs and solutions for various railway projects, delivering data networks for Rail Signalling systems.
The role will involve delivering proposals and designs based on customer requirements. The job holder will provide leadership to a team of network architects and entry level talents contributing to their career development and progression. This person must be capable of building and maintaining strong communication links with the customers’ telecoms specialists and delivery partners and collaborate with the systems engineering group, the project delivery teams and research and development team, and management team to interpret and influence the delivery strategy, based on the needs of these stakeholders.
What will be my Responsibilities?
The Lead Network Architect will be responsible for the following,
- Provide technical leadership for the team and their allocated tasks, delivering safety through design, to programme ensuring the required governance is applied and approving as responsible engineer for small to medium sized projects where allocated
- Ensure the team achieves successful delivery of Network designs and bids including network architectural design description documents, network architecture diagrams, IP Addressing/Sub-netting design, cable schedules, diversity plans and configuration
- Ensure the team delivery incorporates the required specifications, network security architecture and designs.
- Manage customer requirement and production of system requirements and proposals
- Presenting the network design architecture to the project and the customer.
- Provide leadership, technical support, and mentorship to team members.
- Develop associated test specifications, provide support for onsite build and test, and support for integration & system testing
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree level qualification in relevant engineering discipline or other numerate subject or equivalent experience
- A demonstrable experience of Network Communication Systems and Architectures, especially LAN/WAN architectures and network security, associated with a safety related environment
- Established knowledge of the systems engineering life cycle
- Demonstrable experience of working to industry quality and safety standards
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to communicate technical solutions at all levels.
- Able to work to tight timescales
- Cisco certified, or at working level, to CCNA or above with extensive applicable experience.
- Chartered engineer
- IRSE License
- Experience in at least one of the following technologies: Software Defined Networking, virtualisation, data centre, network automation
- Experience in UK railway operational telecoms design, standards, and delivery processes.
- Demonstrable knowledge of railway systems
To apply for this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dan on 07741 737226
Upload your CV
Send us your CV today and let us find you the perfect job
We want to hear from you…
If you are looking for a preferred recruitment company to work with to find you your next opportunity or to source prime talent in the market, get in touch!